Build an exciting career in architecture with globally marketable courses from top-ranked universities.
What is Architecture? In the words of Julia Morgan, Architecture is a visual art and buildings speak for themselves. The fact that one of the most important architecture courses requirements is to have free and unique thinking itself says a lot about the professional lines it opens.
- Architecture always mirrors the age and cultural context that produced it and architecture degree courses provide you skills to do that.
- A diploma in architecture includes studio work, production of scrupulously detailed drawings, and rigorous practical on-site knowledge along with tutorials and critique lessons.
- Students of architecture courses also attend lectures on history, theory, art and technology focused to provide them with competency in various design programs and hence give them adroitness to work globally.
- Expand your knowledge of architecture, and be able to expand your resume with projects elsewhere with Craydel’s study abroad offers.
Looking to Study an Architecture Course?
Fill in your details & get a call back from our higher education experts.
Try Craydel’s Ideal Course Finder & get matched to your perfect Architecture course!
Just answer these 4 questions
Top Marketable Careers for Architecture Course Graduates
There are various sections of the construction world where you can choose to specialize into, like residential architecture, commercial architecture or industrial architecture etc. Career options that open their gates for you after you get an online architecture degree or pursue a full time architecture degree course include-
Need help with finding a top Architecture course?Get a call back
Need help in deciding the best Bachelors in Architecture or Masters course for yourself?
Check out the list of most popular questions around architecture programs
What is Architecture?
Architecture is a discipline that focuses on planning, designing and constructing form, space and ambience like living spaces and building structures, especially habitable ones. Literally speaking, it is the art or science of building.
What are the subjects needed to study in Architecture?
Depending on the country and university of choice, the requirements to major in architecture may differ. While some universities need subjects like Physics and Maths (both calculus and statistics), some just need a good GPA in highschool. If you have a diploma or major in English, Art History and Graphical Technology, your application will have a better chance to be selected by a university. Students who want to pursue a degree in Architecture are also encouraged to take the Accountancy, Business and Management strands.
If you are still unsure about your current qualifications meeting the requirements of a university of your choice, Craydel's expert admission counsellors can give you further guidance.
How many years do you study for a Architecture degree?
- MSc/MA in Architecture and Design: 2 years
- Bachelor of Interior Design: 4 years
- Bachelor of Architecture: 4-5 years
- MSc Project Management for Construction: 2 Years
What are the best courses for Architecture?
Bachelor of Architecture and MSc/MA in Architecture and Design are the post popular undergraduate and postgraduate level courses respectively for architecture students.
Bachelor of Architecture has various specializations such as B Arch Interior Design, B Arch Landscape Architecture, and B Arch Building Construction Technology where you can specialise in the final years of your course in career specific subjects like urban planning, building designing and landscape designing.
Students who are interested in creative interior designing either specialise in interior decoration or pursue a masters in interior designing. You can also opt for online architecture courses after you complete your Bachelor of Architecture to add another star on your portfolio.
What are the different careers in Architecture?
Architects are often broadly categorised into 6 types, which are Residential Architects, Commercial Architects, Restoration Architects, Landscape Architects, Interior Designers and Green Design Architects.
All architecture jobs will need field visits but as you go up the hierarchy of an architecture firm, your job profile changes to management and decision-making. An architecture project requires architects specialised in different areas including architectural technicians and interior designers and architecture giants like Gensler and Nikken Sekkei hire different architects with good pay. Around 25% of architects in the USA decide to become entrepreneurs with their out-of-box ideas regarding architecture and its improvement.
For an indepth look into some of the most popular specialisations, check out our “Top Marketable Careers for Architecture Graduates” section above.
How can Craydel help me find the best Architecture courses?
Craydel is on a mission to aid students and professionals from all around the world to start their journey into the world of architects, with our expert, versatile and high quality services, which include-
- career matching assessments to figure out who you are and where you can excel
- help choosing a masters career if you have a diploma in architecture or want to pursue one of the online architecture courses
- assisting you with applications and fee structures and scholarships of the course you are interested in
- helping you understand the architecture degree requirements needed to apply for a university which includes some of the top architecture universities in USA, UK, Canada, Turkey and Ireland